With the 2016 RJW 'A Time to Remember' Convention fast approaching, it got John and Susan Wright thinking about their favorite Convention dolls - so they made a top 5 list! They wanted to mention that "we (and we alone!) have seen this year's convention souvenirs and can confirm that they would shake up our Top 5 List dramatically!"
1. Rebecca - We had long wanted to base a doll on Kate Greenaway's iconic imagery so we were very happy with our very first convention souvenir, Rebecca. From her fancy straw bonnet down to her pretty coral leather slippers the Pièce de résistance was her custom-printed silk shawl with the 'RJW' initials incorporated into the design.
2. Peep & Posey - These are the only chicks we've made but we had the most fun making the large molded eggs to hold them. We've always loved candy containers and we were happy with how these turned out. A memory to savor is 'Easter Bunny' (Rodney Waller) making a special appearance at this delightful breakfast event!
3. Mary Frances - This darling cabinet-size doll was the event souvenir for the 'Victorian Yuletide' dinner event at our 3rd convention. Everything about the design of this doll fell perfectly in place. We especially loved her bonnet with silk rouching, her fur-trimmed coat and muff, and her dainty leather boots.
4. Gondolier - This charming mouse was made for the Canals of Venice luncheon in 2012. He was wildly popular with the ladies due to his irresistible handlebar moustache! His straw boater, striped boatneck shirt, and wood oar made him more than seaworthy.
5. Spring - The main convention souvenir was met with a rousing ovation at the final banquet at 2013's RJW Convention. People really responded to this diminutive Miss loaded with charm. Her tiny felt Easter bunny was the perfect final touch to her retro ensemble. Her companions: Summer, Fall, and Winter were all made in the same cabinet size and evoked the 4 Seasons beautifully.
We hope you enjoyed hearing from John and Susan Wright their top 5 RJW Convention Dolls. We have a special Pinterest board for all of the convention dolls that you can follow by clicking here.
It is not too late to register for the upcoming 2016 'A Time to Remember' convention. Come join us as we celebrate four fabulous decades of R. John Wright creations! This exciting event will take place from June 23-25, 2016 at the DESMOND HOTEL AND CONFERENCE CENTER in Albany, New York. Click here or the photo below for the online registration. You may also submit your registration via phone at: 1-802-447-7072.